Did you know?
- Over 1 in 4 Americans aged 65+ falls each year.
- Falls are the most common cause of nonfatal trauma-related hospital admissions among older adults.
- Falls result in more than 2.8 million injuries treated in ER’s annually, including over 800,000 hospitalizations and more than 27,000 deaths
- At least one-third of all falls involve environmental hazards in the home.
- Two-thirds of those who fall will fall again within six month.
- Falls are preventable.
Sequoia Senior Solutions recognizes the importance of fall prevention. We have developed this Program of training, oversight, and specific procedures to
Sequoia Senior Solutions performs a complimentary and personalized need assessment and home inspection to ensure safety and reduced risk of repeat falls.
Home Inspection Includes:
Hygiene: Transfer Benches, Chairs, Hand held shower head all need to be accessed
Grab bars: properly installed in high risk areas
Transfers: transferring, gait belt & hoyer lift training
Toileting: Procedures & proximity for ease of use Entrances & Pathways – ease of getting in/out, reducing tripping hazards