State-Mandated Training /Bed Care & Body Mechanics DetailsObjective
To provide all Sequoia Senior Solutions’ Caregivers with annual training that will enable them to provide Sequoia Senior Solutions’ Clients with professional and knowledgeable in-home care.
Annual training will be taught by Care Management Staff and CEO at Petaluma, CA and Lakeport, CA locations.
- 1 hour of Elder Abuse Presentation
- Introduction: Why Do I Need to Know This?
- You Are a Mandated Reporter: W&I Code § 15630(a)
- Voluntary Reporting:
- What if I Don’t Report Suspected Abuse?
- Why Are the Elder or Family Members Reluctant to Report the Abuse?
- Who is Protected?
- What is Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse?
- Why Does it Happen?
- Types of Perpetrators:
- Types of Elder Abuse:
- Physical and/or Emotional Abuse
- Warning signs of physical and/or emotional abuse:
- Financial Abuse
- Reporting Dependent Adult/Elder Abuse
- When Must I Report Elder Abuse
- How Do I Report Elder Abuse?
- How Am I Protected From Liability?
- Case Study
- 4 hours of Health and Safety
- Blood Borne Pathogens
- Infection Control & Standard Precautions
- Emergency Procedures
- Bed Care and Body Mechanics
- Oral Care
- Denture Care
- Bed Bath
- Washing Hair
- Bed Change
- Bed Care Positioning
- Gait Belt Usage
- Client Transfer and Assists
State-Mandated Training Dates/TimesLakeport:
Tuesday April 11, 2017, 9-2pm
Tuesday August 8, 2017, 9-12pm
Thursday November 16, 2017, 9-2pmPetaluma:
Tuesday July 18, 2017, 9-2pm
Thursday October 5, 2017, 9-2pm
State-Mandated Training Location/Contact DescriptionLakeport Address:
Sequoia Home Care Academy
390 North Main Street, Lakeport, CA 95453
[ GET MAP ]