PETALUMA, Oct. 8 – Sequoia Senior Solutions, Inc. has acquired Santa Rosa-based Home Care Options, making Sequoia the largest in-home care provider serving five North Bay counties.
The acquisition, which was announced this week, tripled the number of clients served by the Petaluma company, from 50 to 150. The firm’s staff also grew, from 115 to 365.
Sequoia Senior Solutions was established in 2003 and served seniors in Marin, Napa and Sonoma counties. With the acquisition of Home Care Options, the firm’s service area expanded to include Lake and Mendocino counties.
In announcing the acquisition, Gabriella Ambrosi, President and Chief Operating Officer, assured customers of Home Care Options that their needs will continue to be met by Sequoia Senior Solutions.
“Home Care Options operated with very high standards and its clients will continue to receive the very best of care under our company,” Ambrosi said.
Ambrosi also welcomed the former Home Care Options workers.
“The hard work and professionalism of the staff of Home Care Options made the decision for us to acquire the company very easy. We look forward to working with our new staff members,” she said.
Terms of the acquisition were not disclosed. The sale was complete last week.
Ambrosi and husband, Stanton Lawson, founded Sequoia Senior Solutions in 2003. Operating out of their Petaluma home, they began with just one client. But by their second year in business they realized that their company had outgrown their spare bedroom. In 2005 the firm moved into a suite of offices on Lynch Creek Way in Petaluma to accommodate the rapid growth of clientele and staff.
The caring service of Sequoia Senior Solutions makes it possible for the elderly to maintain as much independence as possible by providing appropriate in home assistance and companionship.
To provide for the expanded service area and company growth, Lawson, Vice President and Chief Financial Officer, announced the following personnel assignments:
- James Merritt, previously staff coordinator for Sequoia Senior Solutions, will become area manager for central and northern Sonoma County and all of Mendocino County.
- Beverly Sciamanna, a former caregiver and administrative assistant in the head office, will become area manager for southern and eastern Sonoma County and all of Marin County.
- Kelli Jones, a licensed vocational nurse who worked on special cases for Home Care Options, will manage Lake and Napa counties.
- Marilyn Barnes will become marketing manager. Barnes was area manager for Napa and Lake counties for Home Care Options as well as company administrator during the company’s transition from Home Care Options to Sequoia Senior Solutions.
- Al Lopez will head up recruitment services. Lopez was a former trainer for Home Care Options and a caregiver for Sequoia Senior Solutions.
- Former Home Care Options accountant Dianne Davies will provide those services for Sequoia Senior Solutions.
- And scheduling services will be provided by Maryanne Post, a former scheduler for Home Care Options, and Michelle Moore, who joins the company after owning and operating Moore Video in Petaluma.
“We have a very good team, and we look forward to many new challenges and making many new friends in the five counties,” Lawson said.
In just four years of operation, Sequoia Senior Solutions has received several state and national awards for its quality services and as a quality place to work.
In May 2005 the company received the Older Worker and Exemplary Employer Award from the state’s Employment Development Department. The awards program honors businesses and individuals for their exemplary contributions to California’s communities and economy.
In March 2006, Sequoia Senior Solutions was further honored for quality of service to its clients and customer satisfaction. The Pinnacle Quality Certificate is awarded annually by Pinnacle Consulting of Salt Lake City in recognition of consistent excellence, achievement, and commitment to high levels of service and customer satisfaction. In the customer survey Sequoia Senior Solutions rose above Pinnacle’s charted national average and their “best in class” category.
Earlier this month, the company was selected as one of the Best Places to Work in the North Bay based on employee surveys conducted by the North Bay Business Journal.
For more information on the company, services and employment opportunities, go to http://www.sequoiaseniorsolutions.com or call Stanton Lawson at 707-763-6600.
For More Information, call:
Stanton Lawson, 707-763-6600